Add something new to your holiday table this year. Find some favorite Christmas fabric (it’s always fun to have a reason to buy Christmas fabric) and make this table runner in about ten minutes! Super easy and something fresh and new for your festivities.
Fabric preparation: Wash fabric before cutting to eliminate shrinkage and remove excess dye. Straighten edges and press fabric
Skill Level: Beginner
- 1/3 yard (12″) fabric for the feature fabric
- 1/2 yard (18″) fabric for the boarder/back
- Sewing machine
- Matching thread
- Thread to match fabric
- Fabric scissors
- Place right sides together. Stitch long edges together with a 1/2” seam.
- Press seam away from center fabric.
- Turn right sides out. You now have a long tube.
- Lay flat on the ironing board. Press so that theme print is bordered evenly on long sides with the coordinating print.
- Trim short ends even.
- Fold the fabric tube in half lengthwise with the theme print out.
- Stitch ½” seam on both short ends of the tube.
- Press the seams open.
- Turn seams inside to form a point and press in place.
- Stitch a decorative button at the edge of the short seam to secure in place and enjoy!
It’s really that simple. You’ll spend more time choosing a button to use for this table runner than making it!