Sew this: Christmas Table Runner in Ten Minutes
Add something new to your holiday table this year. Find some favorite Christmas fabric (it’s always fun to have a reason to buy Christmas fabric) and make this table runner in about ten minutes! Super easy and something fresh and new for your festivities.
Fabric preparation: Wash fabric before cutting to eliminate shrinkage and remove excess dye. Straighten edges and press fabric
Skill Level: Beginner
- 1/3 yard (12″) fabric for the feature fabric
- 1/2 yard (18″) fabric for the boarder/back
- Sewing machine
- Matching thread
- Thread to match fabric
- Fabric scissors
- Place right sides together. Stitch long edges together with a 1/2” seam.
- Press seam away from center fabric.
- Turn right sides out. You now have a long tube.
- Lay flat on the ironing board. Press so that theme print is bordered evenly on long sides with the coordinating print.
- Trim short ends even.
- Fold the fabric tube in half lengthwise with the theme print out.
- Stitch ½” seam on both short ends of the tube.
- Press the seams open.
- Turn seams inside to form a point and press in place.
- Stitch a decorative button at the edge of the short seam to secure in place and enjoy!
It’s really that simple. You’ll spend more time choosing a button to use for this table runner than making it!
MAKE-N-TAKES ARE BACK
2-4PM Every Saturday
Saturdays from 2-4PM Craft Warehouse hosts a special, in-store Make-N-Take event at ALL locations. Come Check it out!
View Events by Location
Meridian, ID | Beaverton, OR | Gresham, OR | Salem, OR | Hazel Dell, WA | Kennewick, WA | Vancouver, WA
Recent Blog Posts
View Post Categories
YOUR DAY TO SAVE - LAST TUESDAY OF THE MONTH
Customer Appreciation Day - 25% OFF
You will receive 25% off of the white tag price (some exclusions apply). If that item has a lower sale price, you will pay the lower price. Your Customer Appreciation day discount include all applicable items in your purchase. Discount taken at the register and limited to stock on hand.