You can fill the mitten with faux floral picks and stems or put some extra pine branches in it. It looks so cute and cozy on the wall. Add a small sign on a stick or a tag. Embellish the mitten however you want. The Project Sheet will give you the mitten template and directions. We made ours up in cuddle fabric and in felt, but you could make it in your favorite cotton print, too.
Thank you to the Meridian store for this super cute project.
• Cuddle Quarter or 12″x 18″ wool felt square for mitten
• Fabric for lining (optional)
• Fur for trim (2″x11 “, optional)
• Polyfil stuffing
• Christmas sprays or branches to fill mitten
• Embellishments for decorating
1. Using template cut (2) for the outside of the mitten. If using fabric we cut two from another fabric for the lining to give the mitten a little body. Using 1/4″ seam allowance sew outer mitten pieces right sides together and turn right side out. If using a lining sew the same way and then insert into the mitten wrong sides together. Fold outer mitten fabric into the lining about 1/2″ and glue in place.
2. Loosely stuff a small amount of polyfil into the mitten and thumb for shape.
3. Place your sprays or branches in mitten and glue in place. Attach a hanging loop to the back of the mitten.
4. If making a felt mitten try a decorative stitch using embroidery floss to sew the pieces together.