You can do so much with this idea created by Sarah from our Design Team. These 5×5 frames come unfinished, so you can make then whatever color or colors you want. You can also change the number of frames to 2, 4 or 5. Add whatever details you want including metal accents, paper, and other embellishments. You could also apply vinyl words to the glass or wood. So many options with this project! Here’s how to make this version.
• 3 – 5” x 5” Unfinished Wood Frame
• 1lb Jute Cord
• Hot Glue Gun
• E6000 Glue
• Americana “Oak” Gel Stain
• Tim Holtz Idea-ology metal corners
• Optional – paper for the center frame or to cover the outside of the frame
1. Take the glass out of all 3 frames and set aside.
2. Rub Gel Stain onto the frame using a foam brush or rag.
3. Once Stain has dried (approx. 30 min) lay frames in a row with front facing down. (add pencils in between the top & middle frame and the middle and bottom frame) This keeps them at the
correct distance apart from each other.
4. Using your glue gun, glue string to each frame connecting them to each other and adding a loop at the top for hanging.
5. Clean glass and place back in frames with photos or scrapbook paper of your choice. (this paper came from our Echo Park Carta Bella “Hello Fall” Collection)
6. Add Tim Holtz metal corners embellishments using E6000 glue.
This project made by Sarah Owens for Craft Warehouse