- Hero Arts Pineapple Paper Layering Die Cut
- Hero Arts Stamp Your Own Fruit clear stamp set (choose ‘You’re pretty sweet’ stamp and mount to a clear stamping block)
- Die Cut machine such as Sizzix Big Shot Die Cut machine, with platform and cutting plates.
- Distress Ink pads. Choose a color for your pineapple like Mustard Seed for a classic looking pineapple, or how about Spun Sugar for a fun pink pineapple?
- Distress ink pads. Choose a green color for your pineapple crown such as Crushed Olive, or Twisted Citron
- Green cardstock cut to 4 1/4” x 11” score at 5 1/2” to create your card base. Choose color green to coordinate with green distress ink color you chose.
- White textured cardstock cut to 3 3/4” x 5 1/2” This is the paper that the pineapple die cuts into
- Pink or Yellow sticky back rhinestones, and white sticky back pearls.
- We R Memory Keepers Quick Stick tool
- Black ink pad
- tape runner
- office supply- sticky notes
- Ranger Non stick craft mat
- wet wipe/paper towels
cut cardstock using your die cut machine- cut pineapple layering die at an angle on pre cut white cardstock (layering die cuts only cut partially through paper! This is how you get the fun peek-a-boo look by layering a contrasting color of paper behind the cut) Be sure to place the pineapple die at an angle on your paper so you are leaving room on this white panel for stamping a greeting later.
Time to ink your pineapple! Work on a non stick craft mat for easy clean up!
Choose your pineapple color, and ink up a foam blending pod and then use a circular motion to apply ink to the fruit part of your
pineapple die cut.
To ink the crown of your pineapple slide a sticky note under one of the leaves. This will serve as a mask so you only get green ink on the leave and not on the surrounding area.
Pick up green ink with foam pod and apply to leaf.
Continue tucking sticky note behind each leaf, and ink until all leaves are inked green.
now lift each leaf in the crown and each pineapple cut
then stamp sentiment using black ink
now is a good time clean up your non stick craft mat so you don’t get any ink transfer smudges on your finished card.
now apply adhesive around the edge of backside of your pineapple panel (don’t put any glue on the die cut portion!)and glue to your green folded card front.
Use Quick Stik tool to help left leaves and pineapple cuts a bit more so they are more defined, and the green card color peeks through!
Use the other end of the Quick stik tool to pick up rhinestones and pearls and place them randomly on your card!