Welcome Employee Design Team Contest winner Melissa Nelson, from our Meridian Craft Warehouse store! She has this stunning Druzy Necklace and earring set to share with you! It will be sure to make a statement!
-24 8mm Shimmer Crystals
-16 6mm Glass Pearls
-6 matching vintage chandelier findings: 4 for the necklace, 2 for the earrings.
-1 eye pin – long
-24 4mm jump rings
-2 7mm jump rings
-32 in of chain to be cut into different lengths
-1 druzy bead or pendant
-crimp tubes or beads
-8 crimp covers
-1 lobster clasp and eye
-74 6mm daisies or spacers
-2 ear wires
-2 head pins
-needle nosed pliers
-round nosed pliers
Earrings – For each earring:
1. Cut a 4 inch length of chain
2. Cut a 3.5 inch length of chain
3. Layer daisy, shimmer crystal, daisy, glass pearl, daisy, shimmer crystal, daisy, on a head pin and close in to a loop.
4. Using a 4mm jump ring attach the head pin to the middle loop of the chandelier.
5. Attach the 4 inch and the 3.5 inch length of chain to the outer loop with a 4mm jump ring. Make sure the 3.5 inch chain is closest to the chandelier.
6. Attach the other ends of the chain to the opposite outer loop of the chandelier with a 4mm jump ring. Again, make sure the smaller chain is closest to the chandelier.
7. Attach the chandelier directly to the earwire.
1. Using the eye pin layer a shimmer crystal, daisy, druzy, daisy, shimmer crystal, and loop off.
2. Cut 1 length of chain equal to the length from one shimmer crystal across to the other shimmer crystal. The length of your chain will vary based on the size of your druzy.
3. Cut another length of chain ¼ inch longer than the chain in step 2.
4. Cut another length of chain ¾ inch longer than the chain in step 2.
5. Using a 7mm jump ring attach the 3 lengths of chain to one end of the eye pin. Layer the chains so that the longest is at the bottom and the shortest is on top.
6. For each side of the druzy start with the chandelier and chain piece. Measure and cut a 1 inch length of chain. Using 4mm jump rings attach each end of the middle loop of the 2 chandeliers. Measure the distance between the coordinating outer loops depending on the size of your chandelier. Cut 2 lengths of chain to that measurement. Use 4mm jump rings to attach the ends to it’s coordinating outer loop. You should be able to use the same measurements for both chain pieces.
7. Thread a 6 inch length of beading wire through the top loop of one of the chandeliers. Crimp and add a crimp cover. Layer a daisy, shimmer crystal, daisy, and glass pearl, finishing with the 14th daisy.
8. Add a crimp tube and a fully closed 4mm jump ring. Thread the wire back through the crimp tube, daisy, and shimmer crystal. Pull tight and crimp. Add a crimp cover. repeat for each chandelier.
9. Using another 4 mm jump ring, add one end of the strand using the crimped 4mm jump ring. Make sure the desired side of your chandelier is facing up. Repeat on the opposite side of the druzy
10. Using a 4mm jump ring attach a lobster clasp to the other end of the strand’s jump ring.
11. Using a 4mm jump ring attach the lobster clasp eye to the opposite strand’s jump ring.
You have now created a beautiful vintage necklace using a druzy pendant!