The Sweet Freedom line of Papers and Ephemera from Pink Paislee is the perfect blend of Americana mixed with modern trends. It’s super fresh, fun and isn’t something that only works for the 4th of July. It’s a lovely collection that has inspired the creative teams at Craft Warehouse quite a bit. Here are some fun and easy projects that we made with this paper collection. If this paper line isn’t your style, these projects work well with many other lines as well.
Easy 12×12 Sweet Freedom Artwork
This finished project looks much more complicated than it is because the collage-style flag is actually just one piece of 12×12 paper. Glue it on a 12×12 board with Pioneer Embellishment Glue Stick. Make sure to apply the glue stick to the paper and the board. Then decorate with any of the embellishments. We used the stars and a dimensional sticker.
Sweet Freedom U.S. Shape Wall Art
This awesome wall art was made by Danielle at the Gresham store using one of our United States wood shapes from the unfinished surfaces section of the store. Directions follow.
- Paint the shape side edges and about 1″ into the front of the shape. She painted it white here. When you cut and sand the paper, some of the front will show, so that’s why you don’t want to only do the side edges.
- Once the paint is dry, glue the 12×12 scrapbook paper of your choice on the front. Use the Pioneer glue stick again for this and make sure you apply it to both the wood and the paper.
- After the paper has secured (give it a little bit of time to set) turn the project over and cut around the edges. We use the Fiskars Fingertip Craft Knife for these kinds of projects.
- Once all the extra paper is cut off, use sanding paper to lightly sand the edges so the paper kind of blends in with the painted wood.
- Apply embellishments. Although the stickers we used here has some light adhesive on the back, for this project we used the Beacon 3-in-1 Glue to keep them secure.
Sweet Freedom BRAVE Blocks
This block set turned out so beautiful with the Sweet Freedom Paper Collection. Learn how to create a block set like this for any theme here.
Sweet Freedom Scrapbook Photo Layout
Here’s a pretty scrapbook page layout created on a 12×12 wood surface for hanging, but would work great in a book as well.
Sweet Freedom Everyday Cards
These pretty cards were designed by an artist who works for Pink Paislee. They are a great way to show how this paper collection can be non-holiday specific. To see more of this project you can visit their blog here.