Here is a great gift idea. Showcase a favorite family recipe (or your favorite recipe) on a kitchen towel and decorate with an easy ruffle. Perfect for a farmhouse or country kitchen. A vintage recipe card looks great, but any handwritten recipe will work.
• Cotton Tea Towel
• Transfer Master or PrintWorks Transfer Sheets
• Vintage recipe card image
• 3 Jelly Roll Fabric Strips
• White thread
• Sewing machine
(Note: You will need to reverse the print before printing on paper. If you don’t the text will be going the wrong way. Use any photo program to reverse or flip the image. See a tutorial here).
1. Print Vintage Image onto transfer sheets following directions on the package.
2. Cut out image and iron-on to Tea Towel following directions on the package.
3. Take the 3 fabric strips and sew the ends like in (photo A).
4. Cut down the middle of each strip (photo B) then sew the 2 strips together to make one long strip (photo C).
5. Thead your needle and slowly stitch up and down the length of your fabric to create a ruffle (photo D).
6. Once you have created a long ruffle pin your ruffle to the towel and sew down the ruffle to secure the ruffle to the cotton towel.
7. Repeat steps 1-6 for the other 2 ruffles.