Our Ten Minute Tablerunner is a very popular standard for us at Craft Warehouse. It really does take about ten minutes. It’s a great project for beginners. You can create one for every season and for every reason. Most stores carry Ten Minute Table Runner kits with coordinating fabric, so getting your supplies for the table runner will also take ten minutes!
Finished size is approximately 40″ x 16″.
Skill Level: Beginner
- 1/3 yard (12″) fabric for the feature fabric
- 1/2 yard (18″) fabric for the border/back
- Sewing machine
- Matching thread
- Thread to match fabric
- Fabric scissors
- Place right sides together. Stitch long edges together with a 1/2” seam.
- Press seam away from the center fabric.
- Turn right sides out. You now have a long tube.
- Lay flat on the ironing board. Press so that theme print is bordered evenly on long sides with the coordinating print.
- Trim short ends even.
- Fold the fabric tube in half lengthwise with the theme print out.
- Stitch ½” seam on both short ends of the tube.
- Press the seams open.
- Turn seams inside to form a point and press in place.
- Stitch a decorative button at the edge of the short seam to secure in place and enjoy!
It’s really that simple. You’ll spend more time choosing a button to use for this table runner than making it!