These darling strawberry pincushions will keep you charmed until summer actually comes along. The design is from Poppie Cotton, a new quilting cotton company based here in the Vancouver, WA area. The company is the creation of an illustrator and a quilter coming together. Both have previously worked with companies like Moda, Cricut, Martha Stewart and Riley Blake Designs. Their first line, Prarie Sisters is a lovely grouping that has a fresh take on the farmhouse style with a good helping of lovely botanical prints added in.
- Trace strawberry patterns onto the wrong side of the fabric.
- Place the right sides together.
- Sew directly on traced lines leaving the top open.
- Clip along all edges, turn, and press.
- Hand sew a gathering stitch around the opening.
- Stuff tightly and pull gathering string. Tie off to close.
- Cut strawberry toppers out of green wool felt.
- Pin in place and hand sew onto each strawberry.
- Cut a small slit in the middle of the topper, and insert desired ribbon and hand sew closed.
- Cut out leaves and flower from wool felt and hand stitch to top.