Pattern by Elaine Byrum for Craft Warehouse
This fun quilt can be made quickly and easily. It’s a great size for a child. Change the strip and it makes a great quilt for an adult.
We made the quilt shown here with the Timeless Treasures Collection A Bug’s Life.
- 1 yard Repeat Stripe fabric
- 5/8 yard Outer Border fabric
- 3/8 yard Binding fabric
- 1 1/2 yards Backing fabric
- 45” x 54” Batting
- 505 Spray Adhesive
- Rotary cutter, mat & ruler
- Sewing Machine
- Thread to match
- From the 1 yard Repeating Stripe; Cut to 32 1/2” x 42”.
- From the 5/8 yard Outer Border Fabric: Cut 4 pcs… 4 1/2” by 42”
- From 3/8 yard for binding, cut 5 pcs… 2 1/2: by WOF
- Using 1/4” seam allowances, onto the Novelty Stripe fabric; sew side borders first, then sew top and bottom borders on. Square up borders.
- Layer top, batting, and backing using the 505 Spray adhesive.
- After you have layered your quilt, choose any stripe and quilt by sewing on the line at the color change. Stitch in the ditch where the borders are attached.
- Bind with your favorite method and enjoy!