Get the template you need on the project sheet.
- Fat quarter of red fabric
- Scrap of brown felt
- Scrap of green felt
- Bag of Fairfield Poly-Fil
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue
- Apple Template
Read through instructions before beginning. Seams are 1/4”.
- Cut 6 apple templates from the red fabric.
- With right sides together, sew 2 templates together, leaving each end open by a stitch or two. Sew another template to one side of this group. Repeat so you have 2 groups of 3 templates..
- Match the two groups together and pin. From the top, sew down 1-1/2”, and backstitch. From the bottom, sew 1-1/2” and backstitch, leaving an opening for stuffing..
- Fill with Poly-Fil and hand sew the opening shut. If you don’t fill it tightly, it’s easy to push the bottom in so it will sit nicely and the top will indent a bit for the stem and leaf.
- Cut a piece of brown felt 1-1/2” x 3/4”. Glue around all 4 sides and roll tightly to form a stem. Set aside to dry.
- Cut one leaf from the green felt.
- Squeeze a fair amount of glue into the top of the pincushion. Insert the stem and leaf. When dry, trim stem to the desired length.