This Seahawks fleece hat is fun, fast and super easy to make!
Because fleece is so wide you will get 2 or 3 hats out of this much fabric, depending on the size of your head.
You will need:
2/3 yard of fleece
Tape measure to measure the circumference of your head
Sewing machine with thread to match your project
- Cut a piece of fleece the circumference of your head by 24″. For example, my head measured 22″, so I cut my fabric 22″ going across the width of the fabric and 24″ high.
- Pin the 24″ sides together creating a tube, with the right sides together of the fabric inside.
- Sew the tube together using a zig zag stitch and a ½” seam allowance. If your fabric has a design, make sure it’s going to be right side up before the next step.
- Fold 4″ of the tube up creating a cuff, matching the side seam. Pin in a few places and zig zag stitch the cut or top edge of this cuff in place, stretching it ever so slightly as you sew. Place the cuff away from you.
- Every half inch, cut down 4″- 6″ to create the fringed top. Turn your hat right side out. Center the seam in back. Tightly tie the fringe together with a piece of fleece, ribbon, or yarn cut 10″ x ½”.