Are you looking for something to have in reserve that is fast and easy, perfect for a last minute hostess gift or a “just because” present for a friend?
Look no further than these 3 templates!
Are you a new sewer/quilter? Choose the Mini Square template.
A confident beginner? Use the Mini Fat Cat template.
An intermediate sewer? Choose the Mini 60 Degree Triangle template.
Using one of these templates and a 2½” strip of fabric-think leftover jelly roll or charm pack pieces-and those odd sized, left over scraps of fabric and batting and you have what you need to create a Mug Rug or Coaster!
You can bind them like a quilt or sew them right sides together, turn right sides out and stitch the bit of opening closed by hand.
Each one takes about 20 minutes.
We love them made with seasonal fabrics, school colors or colors to complement your décor.
- Essential Gems strip pack, we used #1 Fan in red and grey
- Mini 60 Degree triangle
- Mini Square
- Mini Fat Cats
- Rotary Cutter and Mat
- Leftover batting from samples
- Coordinating Windham Basic for backing
- Clear plastic zip lock bags
- Printed instructions for making mug rug
- The binding needed for the triangle and square rugs is 22”. The Mini Fat Cats rugs need 36”. Have a neutral (same as backing fabric?) precut to 2½” x 36” for use with this template.
Remove the chain from each ruler.
Select template and 2 strips of fabric for the body of the rug.
Mini Fat Cats, cut 3 from each color.
Mini Square, cut 2 from each color.
Mini 60 Degree Triangle, cut 3 of each.