Unicorn Spit is a Glaze, a Paint, and a Gel Stain – all in one bottle. Dilute with water to create a stain. Works beautifully on unfinished wood, glass, metal, wicker, concrete, and laminate. Use to create new pieces or refinish old ones. Make your project as opaque as you want. Incredibly versatile paint.
- Comes in 10 vibrant colors
- Unicorn Spit comes in a 4 oz. bottle.
- Can be used on metal, wood, laminate, glass, wicker, fabric, concrete, pottery
- Penetrates deep into bare wood grain or glazes over existing finishes
- Brightens and highlights chalk paint
- Provides a 3-D effect
- Mix with water to create a glaze, stain, white wash or antique tint.
- Made in USA
See all Unicorn Spit Video Tutorials >
- You can dilute Unicorn SPiT™ by up to 70% with water to make your stain. Simply add 10 parts Unicorn SPiT™ in a resealable container, gradually mix in up to 7 parts water. On a small piece of dry, clean and bare sample article test the staining power as you add water till you get your desired effect. Mixing the water to the Unicorn SPiT™ allows the product to absorb into the porous surface.
- Apply your product to the surface once it is completely void of any and all oil, sealer, dirt, grime, paint, stain, or anything that may inhibit the product from contacting the bare porous surface for best results.
- Unicorn SPiT™ dries quickly. You can use a spray bottle of water to keep your Unicorn SPiT™ from drying out and able to be manipulated while on the surface. You can also use multiple colors at one time and blend colors or lines together.
- You can continue to add multiple colors to your surface in separate areas creating designs to achieve your desired look or all one color.
- Allow to dry.
- Use a Scotch Bright Pad following the grain to lightly buff the surface removing any excess or clumps.
- Dust off thoroughly.
- Once dry, use FAMOWOOD GLAZE COAT or other non-waterbased coatings to protect add gloss and dimension.
SUPER VIBRANT FOR GLASS, METAL, WOOD, LAMINATE & GLASS
- You can dilute Unicorn SPiT™ by up to 10% with water to make your paint. Simply add 10 parts Unicorn SPiT™ into a resealable container adding up to 1 part water gradually. On a small piece of dry, clean and bare sample article, test the painting power, adding water till you get your desired effect. Mixing the water to the Unicorn SPiT™ allows you to control the opaqueness.
- Clean your surface completely void of any and all oil, dirt, grime or sticky wax build up.
- Laminate: sand the surface with 220 sand paper after cleaning, then dust well before applying.
- Glass: for items regularly handled, put a thin layer of DISHWASHER SAFE MOD PODGE on the surface, allow to dry then apply Unicorn SPiT™. This makes it more durable. Mod Podge is not necessary for the interior of bottles or vases.
- Allow to dry.
- Use a Scotch Bright Pad following the pattern to lightly buff the surface removing any excess or clumps if so desired.
- Dust off thoroughly.
- Seal with any OIL BASED SEALER. The more coats of sealer you use, the better it will look.
SUPER VIBRANT GLAZE
- You can dilute Unicorn SPiT™ by up to 20% with water to make your glaze. Simply add 10 parts Unicorn SPiT™ in a resealable container adding up to 2 parts water gradually. On a small piece of dry, clean and bare sample article, test the glazing power, add water till you get your desired effect. Mixing the water with the Unicorn SPiT™ allows you to control the opaqueness.
- Apply the color of Unicorn SPiT™ of your choice to a dry, clean and sealed surface area in which you wish to antique, age, patina, highlight or lowlight. Once dry, use a soft dry or damp cloth to polish away Unicorn SPiT™ to get your desired effect.
- Apply to unsealed chalk or mineral style paint to create custom color highlighting and lowlighting before sealing.
- Seal with any OIL BASED SEALER.