Make this: Yarn Wrapped Frame
Dress up a simple frame by wrapping it in your favorite colors of yarn. This frame was a chunky 5″ small frame. Having the extra depth helped get a nice look on the wrapped inner ledge of the frame (done on the top and bottom here). The yarn used on this project was a Candy Shop Yarn. Candy Shop Yarn changes color within the cake roll, so the variations in the color shown here happened naturally without needing to cut and reapply.
• Deep Frame (ours was 1.5″ deep)
• Yarn of your choice
• Beacon Fabri-Tac Glue
• Optional: Clover Pom Pom Maker
1. Take the back and glass out of the frame and set aside
2. Begin on the backside corner to start wrapping your yarn. Using small dots of glue, secure yarn along the way to hold it in place.
3. When you get to the frame opening wrap top of the frame then come back to wrap the bottom. You can stop and start on the back of the frame because it won’t show then it’s done.
4. Once frame is wrapped in yarn add glass & photo and close up the frame
5. Make pompoms using the pompom maker, then glue to the front of the frame with Beacon glue.
This project made by Sarah Owens for Craft Warehouse
MAKE-N-TAKES ARE BACK
2-4PM Every Saturday
Saturdays from 2-4PM Craft Warehouse hosts a special, in-store Make-N-Take event at ALL locations. Come Check it out!
View Events by Location
Meridian, ID | Beaverton, OR | Gresham, OR | Salem, OR | Hazel Dell, WA | Kennewick, WA | Vancouver, WA
Recent Blog Posts
View Post Categories
YOUR DAY TO SAVE - LAST TUESDAY OF THE MONTH
Customer Appreciation Day - 25% OFF
You will receive 25% off of the white tag price (some exclusions apply). If that item has a lower sale price, you will pay the lower price. Your Customer Appreciation day discount include all applicable items in your purchase. Discount taken at the register and limited to stock on hand.