Dress up a simple frame by wrapping it in your favorite colors of yarn. This frame was a chunky 5″ small frame. Having the extra depth helped get a nice look on the wrapped inner ledge of the frame (done on the top and bottom here). The yarn used on this project was a Candy Shop Yarn. Candy Shop Yarn changes color within the cake roll, so the variations in the color shown here happened naturally without needing to cut and reapply.
1. Take the back and glass out of the frame and set aside
2. Begin on the backside corner to start wrapping your yarn. Using small dots of glue, secure yarn along the way to hold it in place.
3. When you get to the frame opening wrap top of the frame then come back to wrap the bottom. You can stop and start on the back of the frame because it won’t show then it’s done.
4. Once frame is wrapped in yarn add glass & photo and close up the frame
5. Make pompoms using the pompom maker, then glue to the front of the frame with Beacon glue.