Did know you can make a wreath for any occasion out of paper? With so many gorgeous scrapbook papers out there – this is a great way to show off some fave papers and use up some scraps. This paper Valentine’s Day themed wreath was made with the paper collection “Valentine’s Essentials” from Authentique. The final project ends up being about 20 “x 20”.
• 1 – Darice 16” Wood Hanging Wreath Base
• Authentique “Valentines Essentials” 12×12 paper pad or 5 double-sided scrapbook pages.
• We R Memory Keepers: Circle Spin & Trim Board, Mini Alphabet Punch Board, Mini Score Board
• Beacon 3 in 1 glue
• Tape Runner
• Black & White Bakers Twine
• Red Cardstock 12×12 paper
1. Cut out about 70 – 2.5” circles using the Circle Spin &Trim Board.
2. Once all circles are cut out fold each circle on three sides to form a triangle in the middle of the circle.
Tip: To fold circles easily place circle on Mini Score Board and score your first line. Then turn to do your next two score lines. It goes quickly when you get the hang of it. Do this for all paper circles.
3. Attach 3 circles at a time using your tape runner to hold them together. Do this in groups of 3 for all 60 pieces.
4. Once all circles are in groups of three start gluing them down onto the wreath surface using Beacon 3 in1 Glue. (This is a great glue to use because it will give you time to reposition the paper as you go. Also as you place the circles down your middle circle folded flap will need to be glued down, this covers your wreath better).
5. Once all the paper circles are on the wreath lay it flat to dry and start punching your letters using the mini alphabet punch board.
6. Tape each letter to the baker’s twine string and hang behind.
Project Created by Sarah Owens for Craft Warehouse.