In the depths of the ice and cold of January, it’s nice to think about the pretty pinks and lace of Valentine’s Day. Now’s a good time to create this lovely Valentine’s Mason Jar that you can fill with all kinds of gifts, especially candy! Our Crafts Warehouse Design Team takes you through the process here.
– Pint Mason Jar
– Americana Chalky Finish Paint
(colors used here: Rouge & Innocence)
– Paint sponge
– Adhesive paper or Vinyl sheet
– Fiskars 3-in-1 Tag Punch
– EK Success large heart punch
– One fat quarter of fabric
– Bakers twine
– Scrapbook paper to make tag
– Thickers embellishment stickers by American Crafts
– Candy to fill the jar
1. Clean Mason Jars with soapy water and dry thoroughly.
2. Punch heart shape with vinyl or sticky back paper.
3. Place the heart on the front of the mason jar.
4. Blot chalky paint onto each jar using an angled sponge, make sure your layers of paint are thin.
5. Allow paint to dry and repeat 3-4 times.
6. Once paint is completely dry slowly peel off the heart adhesive.
7. Fill jar with candy of your choice.
8. Place top lid on jar, then place fabric over the top of the lid.
9. Place canning lid over the fabric and cut off excess fabric.
10. Use tag punch, paper and stickers to make a cute tag.
11. Tie tag on to the jar using bakers twine.
12. Now gift to a loved one!