Paint Pouring is a popular activity these days and you create paint pours on all kinds of things besides canvas. Sarah from our design team created this Valentine’s gift by pouring paint over a mason jar. This is a fun craft to do with kids. You can fill the jar with candy, love notes, little toys, a gift cards, and more. View the video below to see all the steps.
• 2 – Wide Mouth Pint Mason Jar
• DecoArt Pouring Medium
• DecoArt Acrylic Paints: Snow White, Baby Pink, Royal Fushia, Desert Turquoise
• Montana Gold Spray Paint
• PenBlade Craft Knife
• 2 – Decorative Knobs
• Adhesive Black Vinyl 12×12 Sheet
• Black Bakers Twine
• Doodlebug White Doily
• E6000 Glue
• 4 Small Plastic Cups
• 1 Solo Cup
• Popsicle Sticks
- Clean all glass and lids on Mason Jars with soapy water. Wipe dry, make sure glass is at room temperature
- Spray paint lids with gold spray paint. (3-4 coats) let dry between coats.
- Trace heart template on to the back of the adhesive vinyl & cut out.
- Place the heart on the smooth side of the mason jar.
- Start mixing 1:1 paint & pouring medium in small cups.
- Start with one color pouring stripes like shown in the photo.
- Continue with the other 3 colors doing the same technique.
- Flip jar around and do the back side so the jar is covered in paint.
- Flip jar over on to a solo cup to dry overnight.
- Once its dry trace around the heart with a pen blade.
- Carefully pull up the heart, saving it for the other mason jar.
- Place removed painted heart shape on to a doily.
- Trim the paint off the top of the mason jar where the lid fits on.
- Glue knobs on the top of the mason jars lids.
- Place the doily on the front of the second mason jar and wrap with bakers twine.
- Fill both jars with candy and put lids on.
Project Created by Sarah Owens for Craft Warehouse