This is an inspired project made by Sarah from our Craft Warehouse Design Team. She took one of the Heidi Swapp Neon Word Signs and attached it to a hoop in a hoop design. The end result has a real wow-factor and will wonder how you did it.
•Heidi Swapp Neon Word
• Heidi Swapp Neon Cord
• Fabric Fat Quarter
• 2 – 12” Embroidery Hoops
• 2 – 6” Embroidery Hoops
• Fabric Glue & Glue Gun
• 1 – 12” Chip Board Sheet
• 1 – 12” White Card Stock Paper
- Place 6” embroidery hoop on to center of the fabric with the larger hoop on the back of the fabric.
- Place large embroidery hoop on top of the fabric with the larger hoop is on the front. Tighten the hoops.
- Cut fabric in the center of the small hoop and trim excess fabric around the outside of the large hoop.
- Place a piece of cardstock paper and trace around both hoops to give you a pattern.
- Cut pattern to fit inside the hoop and place in the center of the 2 hoops.
- Fold fabric to the back of the hoop and glue down using Fabric glue.
- Using a glue gun, glue the second large and small hoop to the back as shown in the picture.
- Trace chipboard to cover the back of the hoop, then cut out.
- Place neon cord through the dream letters starting with the first letter “D”. This will help hide the cord for later.
- Glue the letter Dream to the front of the hoop using a glue gun, and bring the battery cord around to the back of the project.
- Cut 3” out of the bottom of the hoop so there is an opening to hold the battery box. Then cut a small notch for the wire on the left side of the hoop, like shown in the photo. Glue backing to the embroidery hoops
- Once the glue has dried place battery pack inside the hoop and turn on!