Here’s a fun little project you can make for the Moms in your life. This sweet little pincushion looks nice on a dresser or a craft table and at 3″ around doesn’t take up a lot of room. Choose your favorite pretty fabric to match the room or recipient and you have a special handmade gift for any occasion.
Created by Craft Warehouse Design Team Member, Sarah Owens.
- 3” Embroidery Hoop
- 1 Fat Quarter Fabric
- Chipboard (or recycled cereal box)
- Scrapbook Paper
- Pom pom Ribbon Trim
- Glue Gun
- Beacon Fabric Glue
1. Cut chipboard to fit the inside hoop.
2. Glue the chipboard to the bottom of the inside of the hoop with a glue gun.
3. Place a ball of Poly-Fil in the inside hoop with the chipboard.
4. Cut fabric into a 6” x 6” square. Then place over the Poly-Fil and smaller inside embroidery hoop. Place larger embroidery hoop over the top and tighten.
5. Trim the extra fabric off around the hoop, leaving enough so the ends can be glued under to the cardboard bottom.
6. Add pom-pom trim to the base using Beacon Fabric glue.
7. Cut a paper circle from some pretty paper to fit the bottom of your embroidery hoop.
8. Write a sweet message on the bottom.