With a plain tote bag, some fabric and some Heat n’ Bond you can create this cute bunny tote bag in no time. Embellish with applique eggs, bows, ricrac, pompoms and more. What a fun project to use instead of a basket. Fill the tote with treats. All supplies available at Craft Warehouse.
This project made by Sarah Owens for Craft Warehouse
• Cotton Tote
• 5 Different Fat Quarters
• Clover Small Pom-pom maker
• White yarn
• 1 yard Large Blue Ric Rac
• Orange Ribbon (bow)
• Heat n’ Bond
• Bunny and Eggs Template
1. Iron all fat quarters so there aren’t any creases.
2. Cut 3 pieces of Heat n’ Bond about 4”x6” and 2 pieces the size of your bunny.
3. Then iron them on to the back of each fat quarter.
4. Using bunny and egg template cut out of each fabric.
5. Take the back paper of off the back of your fabric bunny and iron onto the pennant. Repeat for the 6 eggs.
6. Create a pop-pom tail using the Clover pom-pom maker.
7. Add bunny tail pompom using fabric glue.
8. Make a small bow for the bunny and glue on with fabric glue.
9. Sew ric-rac ribbon to the top inside of the tote bag.