You need something special. You need a soothing moment just for you.
Baths are great way to relax and soothe yourself, but not everyone has the opportunity to take baths.
Turn your shower into a mini-spa like experience by using Aromatherapy Shower Steamers that you make yourself with this simple recipe.
By adding essential oils to the mix you can get exactly the experience you are looking for. Need your shower to be relaxing or uplifting? Perfect, add the Calming, Sweet Dreams, or Awake blends we carry. Maybe you like a strong scent of eucalyptus and other congestion-easing oils for your shower time. Try our Breathe Easy blend.
Whatever experience you want you can create with this recipe and then you get to enjoy that daily shower a little bit more.
Shower Steamers, also known as Shower Melts, make a great gift. When using a decorative soap mold – we carry a few versions – the steamers look so pretty. Place them in our mini bathtubs, in a mason jar, or any favorite container.
– Soap Mold
– 1/2 Cup Baking Soda
– 1/4 Cup Citric Acid
– Witch Hazel (in a spray bottle)
– 10-15 Drops Essential Oil (calming, awake, sweet dreams or breath easy)
1. Place Baking Soda & Citric Acid in a medium bowl. Mix together with a fork.
2. Add 10-15 drops of essential oil to the bowl and mix in with a fork.
3. Spray 2 sprays of Witch Hazel over mixture then mix with fork.
4. Repeat about 4 to 5 times until your mix starts to hold. Test it with your hand by squeezing together (shown in video). If you have too much witch hazel the mix won’t fully dry and start to expand.
5. Press mixture into soap mold. This is the perfect amount to make one set of steamers using the flower mold. (makes 12 steamers)
6. Clean around each mold by brushing the excess off. Let air dry for about 3 hours.