Angie used the 5″ x 8″ Chipboard Pennant set from Paper Accents. In the package you get 9 chipboard pennants. She painted the pennants white and then used our wool felt squares to cut out the face elements for each little animal. We have a template in the project sheet for all of these pieces.
– Paper Accents 5 x 8 chipboard 2-point pennant set
– Acrylic paint in white or ivory
– 1 spool (or 3 yards) 1/2” Ribbon
– Hot Glue Gun
– Wool Felt, one sheet each:
- Smokey Marble
- Pumpkin Spice
- Banana Cream
- Charming Coral
- BW Brown
Bear: Face, snout and ears from BW Brown. Inner ears from Straw.
Skunk: Face and ears from Black. Stripe and inner ears from Smokey Marble.
Bunny: Face and ears from Toffee. Inner ears and nose from Coral
Giraffe: Face and outer ears from Banana Cream. Horns, nose, and spots (cut at random) from Pumpkin Spice. Inner ears from Straw
Tiger: Face and ears from Pumpkin Spice. Strips and whiskers from Black. Inner ears from Straw.
Koala Face and ears from Smokey Marble. Inner ears from Straw.
ALL CRITTERS: Cheeks (big or little, up to you!) from Pink. Eyes and noses (unless noted above) from Black.
- Each Critter starts the same. Paint all pennants white or ivory.
- Glue the face, eyes, cheeks and nose in place.
- Add stripes, spots, etc for the critters who need it.
- Glue the inner ear into the outer ear, lining up the flat edge.
- Pinch the flat edge of the ear, matching the dotted lines, and place a tiny drop of glue inside the pinch to hold it.
- Fold the pinch to one side and glue the bottom edge of the ears to the back corners of the pennant.
- Lay out ribbon, space the top edges of your pennants along the ribbon and glue in place