Make this: Americana Signs for Summer Holidays
All it takes is one of our Unfinished Pallet Boards, some Milk Paint in red, white and blue and the embellishments of your choice to have a festive decoration for the Summer holidays like Memorial Day and the Fourth of July. These fun pallet board Americana decor pieces were made by Ashley at our Hazel Dell store. You can see them in person there. Wanna make one? It’s easy and fun. Here’s how.
All projects here used the Folk Art Milk Paint in the colors Shaker Red, Milky White, and Quaker Blue. The Stain is Americana Oak Gel Stain.
Starry Flag Pallet
This Starry Flag Pallet will be a big hit for summer. Once it’s all finished, apply a coat of the Americana Sealer to make it more durable for displaying outdoors. This pallet used here was 19.5″ x 23.5″
1. Applying Oak Gel Stain to tint the pallet.
2. While that dries, paint wood stars in red, white and blue (paint a several more in red and white). Make sure sides are painted, too.
3. Once stars are all dry glue to the board in a flag design with a hot glue gun or E6000. Wood Glue would works, too.
4. Optional: Spray with Sealer.
5. Hang up and enjoy!
U.S.A. Slat Board Sign
This creation is a little softer decor piece with a white wash style over the stained letters. This project uses the same Oak Gel Stain on the USA letters and the same three Milk Paint colors. The pallet size here is 17″ square.
- Stain the letters and set aside
- Paint the pallet in each section in the red, white and blue.
- While the paints on the pallet are still wet use a bristle brush and pull white milk paint through to soften the color.
- Use the same brush to distress the USA letters
- Once dry glue with a hot glue gun or E6000 adhesive the silver white and blue bling to make the fireworks decoration in the corners.
Land of the Free Pallet Sign
This pallet board was painted with the same trio of Folk Art Milk Paint. It was decorated with metal hanging stars that are in the stores and she freehanded glue-on rope stars.The pallet size here is 11.75″ x 23.75″.
The vinyl saying was created in the store on the Silhouette Cameo which makes it possible to make pretty much any vinyl you want (along with a ton of other things). We do also carry ready-to-use vinyl sayings in the store that would work on a board like this. You could also hand paint the lettering.
We have lots of decorations, embellishments, and ideas at the stores. Come by soon and get inspired.
MAKE-N-TAKES ARE BACK
2-4PM Every Saturday
Saturdays from 2-4PM Craft Warehouse hosts a special, in-store Make-N-Take event at ALL locations. Come Check it out!
View Events by Location
Meridian, ID | Beaverton, OR | Gresham, OR | Salem, OR | Hazel Dell, WA | Kennewick, WA | Vancouver, WA
Recent Blog Posts
View Post Categories
YOUR DAY TO SAVE - LAST TUESDAY OF THE MONTH
Customer Appreciation Day - 25% OFF
You will receive 25% off of the white tag price (some exclusions apply). If that item has a lower sale price, you will pay the lower price. Your Customer Appreciation day discount include all applicable items in your purchase. Discount taken at the register and limited to stock on hand.