This charming kitchen display board was created using a 10″ x 20″ Slat Board. These boards come in multiple sizes and in the colors natural wood, whitewash and gray. They are ideal for all kinds of projects. Visit any Craft Warehouse and you’ll see lots of great display to give you some inspiration.
An adorable addition to this Kitchen board is the Mason Jar string of lights. Those are shrinky dinks on top of the lights! Did you know you could make them with a heat gun and never have to turn on the oven? It’s faster that way, too. Check out this little video we posted on Instagram.
Are you ready to make this adorable farmhouse Kitchen board? All supplies available at Craft Warehouse.
- Wood Board (10″ X 20”)
- Copper Basket
- 3 Copper Hooks
- Battery Operated Firefly Lights 30ct.
- Printable Clear Shrinky Dinks
- Mason Jar Template (download and print free pdf here)
- Ranger Heat Gun
- Hot Glue Gun
- Colored Pencils (blue & gray)
- Craft Mat
- Staple gun or flat tacks
(optional – “Farm Fresh Paper by Bo Bunny)
1. Print the Mason Jar images onto the shrinky dink paper.
2. Color mason jars with colored pencils.
3. Cut closely around the shrinky dink image.
4. Heat up the shrinky dink using your heat gun on a craft mat. Once shrunken, let cool.
5. Take a shrunken Shrink Dink and place the front side down on the craft mat, then tape a Firefly Light to the back of the shrinky dink on both sides.
6. Add a small dot of glue on the back of the shrinky dink to hold the light in place. Continue with the other shrinky dinks spacing them out on your firefly light string.
7. Staple the firefly lights to the top of your board. And tape the battery pack to the back of your board.
8. Screw in Basket & Hooks to the front of the wood board.
9. Optional: add scrapbook paper “Farm Fresh” above the hooks.
Project created by Sarah Owens for Craft Warehouse