This Floating Fairy Garden was created by Ashley at the Hazel Dell location. Customers had mentioned to her that they wanted a fairy garden but didn’t have the table space, so Ashley came up with this great solution. A hanging Fairy Garden! Now you can have a fairy garden in your favorite room. Great on the patio or front porch, too.
- Foam Ring With At Least 2 Inches Of Depth.
- Hot Glue Gun
- Moss Sheet
- Assorted Preserved Moss
- Faux Flowers/Plants
- Fairy & Door
- Firefly Lights
- Cut Moss Sheet into panels to fit the circumference of your ring. ( My panels measured 11x21inches)
- Lay your moss with the backing facing up, begin piping glue down the length of the panel (Be generous)
- Roll your ring down the fresh strip of glue, press firmly to secure.
- Cut the overhanging moss into strips that meet the rim of the ring.
- Wrap these strips through the center of the ring, and secure it to the back of the ring with a thick line of glue. (Hold in place until glue cools)
- Keep doing this all the way around the ring, do not force the strips to be glued in order, glue them down in the way they naturally overlap.
- Attach chicken wire to the back by folding the sharp edges into the foam, secure with a thick line of glue, and moss scraps.
- Decorate! This part is completely up to your artistic freedom! Remember to layer your moss and plants to create depth in your scene.