Sometimes it can be hard to find a good gift idea for Dad, Step-Dad, and Grandpa. Often what they really want is simple – like a candy stash that’s just for them. You can easily make these decorated mason jars and then fill with whatever his favorite treat is – Reese’s Pieces, nuts, M&M’s, mini-candy bars – along with the promise that no one else will touch it – even you 😉.
Print out the tie and lid template here. Print out the Project Sheet from the link in the right-hand corner.
• 1 – 12×12 White Card Stock Paper
• 1 – 12×12 Scrapbook Papers (choose a pattern)
• Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Blue Jeans)
• 1 – Pint Mason Jar
• Tape Runner or Glue
• Scissors and Paper Trimmer
• Tie and Lid Template Print Out
1. Trace tie template and tie top on to scrapbook paper and cut out with scissors.
2. Ink all sides of tie paper using Distress
3. With tape runner or glue, add tie topper to the tie.
4. Cut white card stock paper .75” x 10”
5. Use glue runner or glue to tape around the mason jar lid.
6. Fill the jar, add tag & tie to the front of the jar.