The Fold n Stitch Dimensional Wreath Pattern is a popular pattern that works year round in all kinds of seasonal fabrics. It’s an easy advanced beginner’s project and the completed wreath can be used as a table centerpiece or as a wall hanging. You’ll want one for every season and occasion!
Comes in Fold n Stitch Wreath and Fold and Stitch Blooms
Some tips from the Craft Warehouse Quilt Shop experts on making this Dimensional Wreath:
- Match your top thread to the applique fabric, bobbin thread to the back fabric. If using batiks, variegated threads give a great look on the applique fabric!
- Use a Schmetz Microtex 80/12 needle
- If you plan to fussy cut the applique fabric, consider buying a bit of extra fabric. Cut out the HeatnBond pieces before placing them in the desired areas to fuse and get your desired look.
- Use a point turner to help get your points “pointy” instead of rounded.
- Use sharp scissors to trim close to the seam allowance.
- Use a Frixion pen for marking. It disappears with the heat from your iron. On some darker fabrics, it may leave a slight white mark. A spritz of water and a light rubbing with your finger will that disappear.
- Wonder Clips!! Pinning the final layers together is difficult and resulted in bent pins. Using Wonder Clips to hold the pieces together when sewing makes it much easier and faster!