This lovely Spring Wreath is made with Off the Hook yarn by Lion Brand Yarn. Off the Hook yarn is a super plush chenille yarn spun with sturdy loops that resemble stitches. By pulling one loop through another you can create a number of knitting projects (see the video below).
Sarah from our Design Team used this plush yarn to create a Spring Wreath that evokes a bird’s nest, so why not include a birdhouse? So adorable! This will make a great spring decor for your entryway or mantle. And it is so easy. Just wrap the looped yarn around the wreath. All supplies are available at Craft Warehouse.
- 2 Skeins of Off the Hook yarn
- 12” Wreath Foam
- Sewing Pins
- Ribbon to hang or fabric strip
- Mini Unfinished Wood Bird House
- Large Popsicle Sticks
- Glue Gun
- Faux Birds from the floral department
- Acrylic Paint
- Fiskers Strong Scissors
- Optional: Metal washers for the front of the birdhouse
- Wrap yarn around the wreath form and add pins to hold in place. We used about 6 pins and 1.5 Skeins of yarn.
- Your wreath will look as full as in the photo
- Paint mini birdhouses with acrylic paint. We only used one birdhouse in this project.
- Cut 1” ends off of the large popsicle sticks for the roof. You will need about 20.
- Glue popsicle Sticks to the roof using a glue gun. We split some in half vertically so the roof looks staggered.
- Optional– Add washers to the front of the birdhouse using your glue gun.
- Glue birdhouse and birds on to the yarn wreath.
- Use fabric or ribbon to hang.