Create this simple Made With Love Pillow by using our new iron on words from Decorating Your Life!
- 1 – 16” Fairfield pillow form
- ½ yard of fabric
- Thread to match fabric
- *Optional*: Lace, ribbons, buttons, beads, or iron on words to embellish the pillow top
- Cut fabric to 17” x 38”. Place the wrong side of the fabric up.
- On each narrow end of your fabric, fold over ¼” and press in place. Again on each narrow end, fold over the fabric, this time ½” and pin. Press in place. Stitch close to the top of the folded edge, creating a hem.
- If you want to add lace or other fabric for an embellishment, this is the time to do it. You may want to walk through step 4 to determine the center of your pillow before beginning this step.
- With the right side of your fabric facing up, bring each hemmed end up to the middle. You will want to overlap the hemmed edges 4½” inches, creating a nice flap or enclosure to hold the pillow form. Pin the open sides in place and measure, checking to be sure you have a 16” x 17” pillow cover. If not, adjust your pins and measure again. Stitch the sides closed with a ½” seam allowance.
- Trim or cut the corners at an angle, close to your stitching. Turn right side out, poking the corners out so they are nice and crisp. Want to add buttons or beads? This is a good time to sew them in place. Iron on words? Now is the time.
- Iron and insert your pillow form. Repeat over and over to create your own look!
If you want to use a different size square pillow, use the equation below to arrive at the size you should cut your fabric. Buy the correct amount of fabric based on this measurement. If you’re unsure of how much fabric to purchase, your Craft Warehouse quilt shop employee will be glad to help you. Follow steps 2-6 to finish the pillow.
Pillow width ______________ + 1” = _____________
Pillow height ______________ + 6” = _____________
If you want a larger overlap, add a few inches to the height measurement.
Created By Katrina Hamer for Craft Warehouse