There is nothing like getting a handmade card! Handmade cards are something different. After all, what makes a more beautiful keepsake than a personalized handmade holiday card? This darling Santa card is a favorite with all our customers! It will be sure to be a favorite with anyone you send it to!
PA-White A2 cards and envelopes
PA- white, red, skin tone, and black card stock
Darice- Sparkle Christmas pom poms (mixed bag)
Tape runners and foam tape
Fiskars- scallop edger scissors
Wilton/ EK success Mustache/bowtie punch
Uchida/Marvy- 1â€ circle punch
Darice-1218-39 snowflakes and flourishes embossing folder
Ellison/Sizzix- Texture Boutique embossing machine
C2F- Uni-ball Signo white gel pen
C2F- Micron black pen
Ranger- distress ink spun sugar
Darice- foam blending pods
OPTIONAL- Ranger- Stickels glitter glue-Diamond
1. Cut skin tone card stock to 4 1/4 x 2″
Cut red cardstock to 4 1/4 x 1 1/2″
Cut white card stock to 4 1/4 x 2 1/2″
Cut white card stock to 4 1/4 x 1″
Punch skin tone card stock with 1″ circle punch
Punch 2 black card stock with 1″ circle punch
Punch white card stock with mustache/bow tie punch
2. Use a white 4 1/4″ x 1″ card stock strip and use the Fiskars scallop edger to cut a decorative edge along 1long side of this strip- this will be the trim on Santa’s hat.
3. Fit the edged trim white card stock, the punched out mustache, and the white 4 1/4″ x 2 1/2″ card stock into the snowflake embossing folder all at the same time by arranging the pieces so they are not overlapping or hanging out the sides of folder. Then run through the Texture Boutique to emboss.
4. Use 1 white A2 Card, 1 skin tone 4 1/4″ x 2″ strip card stock,and 1 strip of red card stock 4 1/4″ x 1 1/2″. DRY FIT the skin tone strip, the red strip, and the embossed larger strip of card stock onto the front of the card before they glue- so they can see how it’s going to come together. Glue the red strip at the top of the card first. Then but the skin tone card stock right up next to the red card stock already on card and glue in place. finally layer the larger embossed snowflake white card stock to bottom of card- this will overlap the skin tone layer a
5. Use the 2 black circle punches, 1 skin tone circle punch and DRY FIT these along with the embossed mustache and hat trim. BEFORE GLUING the face in place- give Santa some color! Use foam blending pod to apply a little pink ink to the apples of his cheeks, and go ahead and dust one edge of the skin tone circle punch out with the pink ink as well. The black circles get adhered with tape runner. Placing them close together helps with the cute factor- wide set eyes will give Santas’ look. Add the nose and mustache with foam tape.
6. Use tape runner to add embossed trim to hat. This may overlap the eyes slightly.
7. Apply tape runner to the 2nd piece of red card stock 4 1/4″ x 1 1/2 and lay this over the top left corner of card at an angle- this is to be the long pointed end of Santa’s hat- so adjust into an elongated triangle. Turn card over and use scissors to cut away the excess red cardstock hanging over the edges.
8. Finish- Glue dot a pom pom to end of stocking hat. Use black micron pen to add lashes, and use white gel pen to add highlights on eyes, and a couple of white freckles in the pink cheeks.
9. OPTIONAL- Add Stickels glitter glue here and there on embossed snowflake areas.