Why give flowers when you can make these everlasting Cupid Valentine Arrows! Present these to your Valentine to make “the point” that you choose them. All supplies are available at Craft Warehouse stores.
- Sticks, dowels or straws 8”-12” long
- Aileen’s Clear Tacky Glue
- Frixion pens or other marking tool
- Template (find it here)
- Optional: Silhouette or other cutting machine
- Reduce or enlarge the arrowhead, fletching, heart, and banner templates as needed for the size of the arrow shaft (stick) that you are using
- To create the middle banner in the second photo above; you may cut inside the lines of “I” and “You” and thread the words onto the arrow shaft. Or glue the words as a banner onto the arrow shaft. The heart could be glued onto the center of the shaft or used as the arrowhead or fletching end of the arrow. You can also bust out the banner on a cutting machine.
- Trace 2 arrowheads, fletchings, banners and hearts for each arrow. Cut out on drawn line.
- Run a thick bead of glue down the center of the fletching. Place arrow shaft on top of the glue bead. Run another bead of glue around the top and sides of the arrow shaft with a thinner application around the edges of the fletching. Place the second fletching piece on top of the glued area, matching edges and press firmly together.
- Repeat the same steps using the arrowheads.
- When the glue is dry, make narrow diagonal cuts in the fletching to create a feather look.