We first made this project in 2013 and it continues to get a lot of of attention on our old blog, so we thought we would put it here in it’s rightful place. It’s no wonder this is a popular post. It’s such a simple project and yet it looks so sophisticated and dramatic. This is a great idea for a large expanse of wall – just use a larger canvas.
Here is what you’ll need:
- 2 White 12” x 16” Canvas
- DecoArt “Spun Gold” acrylic paint
- Acrylic paint color of your choice (the blue shown here is Americana Acrylic Paint in “Zinc”)
- Acrylic paint color of your choice (the orange shown here is Ceramcoat Acrylic Paint in “Poppy Orange”)
- Foam Brush
1. Paint your canvas with 2-3 layers of the Spun Gold acrylic paint over the whole canvas. Let dry between coats. (Tip: You could use other metallic paints, but this particular one is less translucent, so it took less coasts to cover the canvas well).
2. Brush on your colored paint, giving each canvas uneven strokes with each color.
3. Allow to dry then give it more coats if needed.