Water Beads are fun, almost magical, things that you can use in lots of different ways. Mostly they are used in floral arrangements. Today we are going to show you a cool way to use them to help make your home or office smell a little nicer.
By combining the water beads and your favorite essential oils you can create a diffuser any size or style you want. This diffuser makes a lovely gift. Get the kids to help you make it. They’ll love seeing the water beads grow.
For an example of what you can do, Sarah from the Craft Warehouse Team created this diffuser using lavender essential oil and lavender petals. Use this as a starting off point and make your diffuser anything you want. All supplies available at Craft Warehouse stores.
- Water Marble Beads: clear (you can dye them with food-safe dyes)
- Lavender flowers
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Small Glass Jar
- Open Decorative Lid
- Cotton Lace Ribbon
- Soak Water Beads in water for 6-24 hours. They must be fully submersed in water to continue growing.
- Drain beads of any excess water and place them in the glass jar of your choosing.
- Add lavender flower pedals
- Add 3-5 drops of lavender essential oil for a small container (you can always add more, so start small)
- Stir the essential oils into the beads (you will probably need to reapply drops of oil every few days.
- Put the lid on the jar and add ribbon!