We’re all taking photos all the time, but how many people actually get them printed anymore? Choose some of your favorite photos from this summer, from this year, from last year – print them up and start making something that truly shows off what you love. Your favorite moments can inspire some fun home decor items that can update your spaces and really show off those faces!
Here are 20 ideas to get you started.
1. Illuminate them in a Lantern – We love this project. It is super easy and the result looks so great. It’s also really easy to change the photos out. Make a great gift, too. Photo Lantern Tutorial >
2. Ooh Baby, I Love your Tray – We carry this photo collage tray that can easily be decorated for any season, for any person. Add in your fave pics and papers. A great gift for a far-way relative. DIY Tray Tutorial >
3. Capitalize on those moments – This project would work good with smaller photos, too. Find the large initial or word that you want and adhere your favorite images on it. Big Letter Photo Display Tutorial >
4. Three Makes a Family – Use this unfinished wood sign with three hanging plaques to create any kind of display you want. Add photos, scrapbook papers, paint, and vinyl. Available at all stores.
5. Transfer, please – Whether you transfer your photos with a gel medium, Mod Podge, or a Wood Burning Versa Tool, photo transfers are a cool, rustic way to show off your photos on any unfinished wood surface. Create coasters, wall art, trays – all kind of things. See the Versa Tool >
6. Have a Block Party – This 6 pc set of unfinished wood blocks can be used to create so many things. Add pedestals, knobs, paint, and papers. See Wood Block Family Photo Tutorial here >
7. Magnetic Personalities – These glass discs are easy to transform into pretty magnets with photos and favorite papers. Just glue image with Glossy Accents glue and then adhere magnet when dry.
8. Love Under Glass – Showcase a special photo in these pretty mason jar displays. You can change the image out as needed. See the Photo Under Glass Tutorial >
9. Hoop Dreams – There are so many fun projects you can make with embroidery hoops, why not use them to show off photos and pretty papers. Embroidery Hoop Photo Layout Tutorial >
10. Clip ’em – Use any light strand (we love our Firefly Lights) as a cord to clip your favorite photos on. Add Shrinky Dinks to give the lights more flare, and place it all on a pallet board if you want. Or just use the light string. Either way, you have a fun way to display photos and an easy way to change them often.
11. Customize that Mat – Our Custom Frame Shop can cut any shape or word into a mat for you. It’s a great way to make a framed photo be unique. Makes a great gift, too.
12. Room with a View – Take a windowpane (we currently carry this one) and use it to frame any view you want. Changing it is easy. How to Make this Windowpane Display >
13. Make it a Threesome – You can’t beat a good triptych-style display. Get three small frames and decorate with papers and other art, as well as photos. See how to create three-frame hanging >
14. Float ’em if you Got ’em – Display your photos, souvenirs, and pretty papers between two glass panes. Create a freeform collage that you can change out easily.
15. Macramazing – Create some simple macrame “plant pot holders” and use them to hold framed photos instead. Brilliant!
16. Add Season-ing – Show off your seasonal photos with a Create your Own Calendar. Include papers and embellishments. Great gift for a far-away relative.
18. Double Take – Take a smaller framed photo and attach it to a larger frame. You can put pretty papers, maps, another picture – lots of ways to decorate. See a tutorial on layering frames >
20. Pillow Talk – Let the pillows do all the talking for you by showing off your most loved photos. Create with Transfer Magic Transfer paper available in our fabric dept. Source