Add something new to your holiday table this year. Find some favorite Christmas fabric (it’s always fun to have a reason to buy Christmas fabric) and make this table runner in about ten minutes! Super easy and something fresh and new for your festivities.
For this table runner we used the Moda Sweetwater Fabric called Cookie Exchange. It’s an adorable fabric line that came out earlier this year and features favorite cookie recipes by designers along with darling designs. Finished size is approximately 40″ x 16″.
Fabric preparation: Wash fabric before cutting to eliminate shrinkage and remove excess dye. Straighten edges and press fabric
Skill Level: Beginner
- 1/3 yard (12″) fabric for the feature fabric
- 1/2 yard (18″) fabric for the boarder/back
- Sewing machine
- Matching thread
- Thread to match fabric
- Fabric scissors
- Place right sides together. Stitch long edges together with a 1/2” seam.
- Press seam away from center fabric.
- Turn right sides out. You now have a long tube.
- Lay flat on the ironing board. Press so that theme print is bordered evenly on long sides with the coordinating print.
- Trim short ends even.
- Fold the fabric tube in half lengthwise with the theme print out.
- Stitch ½” seam on both short ends of the tube.
- Press the seams open.
- Turn seams inside to form a point and press in place.
- Stitch a decorative button at the edge of the short seam to secure in place and enjoy!
It’s really that simple. You’ll spend more time choosing a button to use for this table runner than making it!